Thursday, April 2, 2009

Like father like son

I thought I would show everyone simply one very apparent way Axel is just like his daddy. I'm sure there was a better way to post those two pics together but I chose the ghetto way of just taking a picture of them both. :) It cracks me up every time I see them both togther being goobers with their tongues hanging out. I just think it is so cute. This merely skims the surface of Axel's shared characteristics...he likewise has a freakishly sensitive gag reflex, always gagging and throwing up over the littlest things. I always hear Eli likewise gagging when he empties the sink drain with bits of soggy food or when he brushes his teeth sometimes. Axel also loves watching the previews and beginning of movies..he's glued to the TV after the FBI warning on every movie, just like his Dad :) Once Eli got pulled over for speeding on the way to the theater just because he didn't want to miss the previews. Just a glimpse into a few similarities. It seems like more just keep presenting themselves each day. I love both my boys!

Axel is showing off his two bottom teeth. I'm
anxious to see which teeth are coming in next
cause he has been such a beast with blowouts,
loss of appetite, snotty nose, oneriness, and the
whole bit. This was a rare occasion he actually
ate, and was smiling about it. He loves his squash
and Hubbard potatoes! Oh and jelly beans...he
got a hold of a plastic egg full of huge jelly beans
and those robin eggs. I hear Eli, "Um is he
supposed to be eating those?" I look down and
he has gotten that plastic egg open and is shoveling
those jelly beans and robin eggs into his mouth as fast
as he can. He just looks up at me as I am removing them
from his mouth with a look like, "thanks for
ruining all the fun mom!" He had dark purple all over his
tongue for a while afterwards as evidence of
his little escapade.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's the picture eli gave us for the yearbook! he is one of the cutest babies i have ever seen so no wonder axel is such a doll! now you need to put up axel's picture with yours. like mother like son :) love ya vel

Anonymous said...

Now we'll get to read a lot more posts!!!! Welcome to the Internet.

Lora said...

That is awesome! I remember when Eli was such cute kid! We just loved his curly hair. I can't wait till Axel gets to the "puppy" stage. That lasted quite awhile for Eli.