Thursday, April 14, 2011

An Ode to Tennille

After much sweat, tears, worry and loss of sleep Tennille, my sister, sent Axel his birthday present early. It took about three weeks to get here, because of some wierd mail issue, which accounts for her loss of sleep thinking it was lost, but it finally arrived. She made him two car roll ups and a crayon roll up..with a sewing machine that has a mind of its own...I would know mine is identical and sometimes a simple project requiring a straight stitch can take hours. For those of you like me who did not know what a car roll up is, it is like a crayon roll up that you stick crayons in to take in the diaper bag so they are not all over the place. Only in a car roll up there are slots for cars and there is a road on one side. So, since I am still bringing cars to church, Axel is obsessed with his cars, that will come in very very handy. Unlike the couple sitting behind us last sunday...They have seven kids from age jr. high on down to age 2 and they all were so quiet with their arms folded saying "amen" after each testimony... No toys no snacks just well-behaved children. Meanwhile, we are frantically trying to keep control of Axel and minimize his fit outbreaks with Eli clinging tightly to him telling him to calm down, and the occasional pretzel taking flight across benches...yep that is us. But I'm sure there is someone out there who can relate to a wild two year old with a stubborn mind of his own. So, back to my ode to T-bomb. She also gave us a copy of her book "Twitch's surprise" which has the cutest illustrations...hopefully the world will be able to enjoy it soon...hint hint Tennille GET IT PUBLISHED...along with all of her other brilliantly written soon to be masterpieces. Anyways, the best part of putting together a gift that you know someone will love is seeing them open it. Well, since the miles and states separate us, I thought I would video it and snap some pictures. Just so you know at the end of the video he did say "thank you" it was just in a whisper so you probably didn't hear it..and he LOVES his car roll ups. It makes it much cozier to sleep with his cars cause he has been taking them to bed in a bucket. So, thank you thank you thank you for thinking of Axel! We love and miss you all. Here it is Axel's early Birthday Party!!



And so Grady doesn't feel left out here are some pictures of him...

Fell asleep eating again. I had to post it though cause his hair is growing in so well. You can hardly see his scar anymore. He finally doesn't have a doify looking hair cut! Yeah!


And introducing Grady in the Bumbo chair...thank you mariah for letting us use it. He is such a happy happy baby. He is getting to be a big boy. He weighs 15 lbs and 15 oz. now, no wonder I get a kink in my shoulder when I put him in the sling. We missed all of our time with him as a baby in the hospital...he is growing up too fast but don't they always. Speak of the devil...he just pooped, probably out of his outfit so duty calls....

7 comments:

Lora said...

that is awesome! though it did send me into a bit of a panic. I couldn't believe I was that much out of touch to realize it was Axel's birthday again already.. but then it wasn't! Grady is such a chunk by the way! a handsome one at that!

Travis Gregory said...

Wow! Grady's hair! Awe I miss those little guys so much. Axel is so cute in his glasses. Just so you are not left out I miss you too. I will have to venture that way! Love ya!

Tennille said...

Way to ruin the video feed with too much background information involving me. I like to keep it on the down low. I suppose I'll have to let it slide this time to keep my standing as your favorite sister. Wait a minute - you posted that cowgirl karaoke picture too. Hmmm. You're teetering on the edge now. Don't push it. Thanks for video. Axel's reaction was worth all the dark rings under my eyes :)

Travis Gregory said...

By the way, why a whole blog praising Tennille just because she is more creative than me! Come on Vee!

The Larsens said...

Grady is getting so big! Little chubster. You are all looking so happy with you little family. Hope things are going well and you are hitting up all those thrift stores.

beck said...

Ok, a couple things to say...I got the letter, and laughed my booty off! Oh, the good ole days!! Miss you!! And, secondly, you could come sit next to us at church and feel just fine. We are "that" family. About a month ago, I had to get the vacuum out and clean up a huge pile of goldfish crumbs off the floor...lovely. Also, I can't believe I haven't made a car roll or crayon roll yet! Genius!!! And lastly, you guys are so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your posts. I have to say I had an I miss Velvet day today. I do, I miss you so much. I hope you're having fun in Big Sky Country.