Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How's this for random

It's great that I get to experience all of Axel's "firsts" with him. For instance:
His first hair cut as shown I even parted it. He just looked like a little man.


The look of shock and awe

Nothing like running a good comb along the ole gums


Again that shock and awe...I get that look a lot.
Now we have the "I-can-actually-see-out-of-the-car-cause-I-am-facing-forward" first. It's a good one. He is really happy. Getting the new car seat was a funny story actually. Some lady in Mckammen was selling it on craigs list for $15 bucks. For anyone who's priced these they run for about $50. We wanted to check it out while we were home in Grace. Eli also wanted to take me for a ride on his dad's harley. Well let's knock out two birds with one stone right? Oh boy did we. About an hour after we left we were thinking "how do we get into these situations" because there we were on a harley with me holding onto the front facing car seat between Eli and I, in a rain storm, with the wind blowing us every which way on the bike. This is one of those times that I prayed super hard that we could just make it home in one piece...God definitely answers prayers, even the seemingly trivial ones. :) But it was worth it cause look how happy Axel is...



If you look close you can see the three toothed wonder himself.
And now finally Axel's first time helping me clean the bathtub. I was unaware that Eli was taking a piture or maybe I wouldn't be quite so bent over...not the most ideal side of me to post on the internet but Axel was so cute I couldn't help it. He kept "helping" me by dropping this one toy in over and over after I would hand it back to him. He loves standing up to everything now. My little boy is growing up so fast. sniff sniff
And this is the magic of my ordinary days...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I loved the story of you and Eli riding a harley to get a car seat! I was laughing so hard! Your little guy isn't so little anymore! Crazy! He's a cutie and hey your backside looks better than mine would ;) LOL Are you still in Rexburg? We need to get together at the park or something! E-mail me or something -k-!

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way...I'm glad that you got home okay :)

Anonymous said...

i was literally laughing out loud and had to tell matt that story. sounds like something i would do! (drive to pocy to get a car seat but forget about carrying it home) so funny, vel! your little guy is a cutie! Miss ya :)

Carolyn said...

Great find on the car seat! 15 bucks is a steal! I love Axel's shock and awe expression. I'm so glad you were able to make it home safely!

Katie said...

I can't believe how much Axel is looking like Eli! Weird! Okay random, but do you remember how when Neil came home from his mission Eli said it looked like he'd regressed back to 2nd grade? hahaha. For some reason saying that Axel looked like Eli in baby form reminded me of that. :) So I've already prepped Lane as far as telling him that going to see Harry Potter is a tradition with you and Eli. So if you want to go, i'm totally game!