Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Migratory Bird Day

May 9, 2009 consisted of the Migratory Bird Day held at Camus Wildlife Refuge. This is a day second in importance only to Christmas, or at least according to Eli's professor Bro. Strickland it is. Eli thought he was volunteering for a mission to save the world through these birds....instead he watched them through binnoculars ALL DAY. The awesome thing is that he could identify every single bird not only by sight but also recalling their order, family, genus, and species. Don't worry that is what we spent all last semester memorizing. He made me proud and even showed up his professor by correctly identifying a bird that Bro. Strickland got wrong. I know what you're thinking, "where can I go to sign up for this?" I'm sure if you are bored enough you will find a way, if you really want to be nerds like us that is. One cool part about the experience was the hooters he got to handle. :) Owls that is...what were you thinking?






3 comments:

Tennille said...

I knew there was a reason I steered clear of those classes in college! I'm glad someone enjoys them, though I never pegged you for one who would memorize the genus, etc. You must be VERY bored or an extremely dedicated wife. I nearly died when I had to read Clay's thesis...

Lora said...

Oh how I love the spin you put on things! Glad to see you are alive and well. The Sullivan Bed and Breakfast still awaits your arrival!

Katie said...

Vel, I'm offended by your comment. The word "hooters" is not something to be thrown around carelessly. j/k. What actually happened was I laughed really hard and showed it to my co-worker. :) You're a punny, punny girl!