Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jan 12 of 12

I decided to take on the 12 of 12 project for 2012. On the 12th of every month you take 12 photos to document your day. It gives me a new perspective on my everyday ordinary activities. It's also helped me go beyond my boring smile and click way of picture taking. Sometimes the best pictures are the seemingly flawed ones. It has been way fun. Hopefully I can stick with it. So, here was our day......

1-Tickets to the gun show anyone? 2-What kills Eli and I every morning! 3-Changing the Sheets..exciting I know! 4-Mac n Cheese...a classic. 5-Grady's 1st time with a spoon. 6-Axel reinacting Thomas the Train with his cars. 7-Axel's reaction to me wanting to take his picture with his new backpack for preschool. 8-Chocolate Milk for his glorious nap which are few and far between these days. 9-Axel's display when I said no TV. He's crushed! 10-Chocolate chip cookies for a girl's birthday in my primary class. 11-Bathtime Nudist! 12-Folding Laundry. Axel had to go "potty" which was his excuse for not wanting to stay in bed, so I showed him which button to push on the camera. His very first picture. He did a great job at being photographer.



Well, that is that folks. To update you on the last couple weeks....Eli's parents came to visit which was AWESOME. We are going through withdrawals having them gone. What did we do you ask...Sleep in, watch movies, eat food, and gab, and gab some more. It was just the perfect weekend. So, so much fun. Of course when they left they played the "you'll be glad to get your house back to normal" card but the reality was it was a real downer day with them gone.

Grady was mid poo before he went in the tub. I ran him to the toilet...too late but he still liked sitting there.



Grandpa taking a nap on the floor and his shadow doing exactly what he would do. What you missed before this was Axel jumping on his back, saying "Cowboy! Cowboy!"...Some nap aye?
Unfortunately those were the only pictures I got to document their visit. Wish I would have gotten more. Axel was so sad to see them leave.




It was a hard week for Eli too because he had a lot on his plate for his proposal meeting. It turned out all right and we both committed to the "Do It Now" principle which is exactly what it says it is. Start Early End Happy. This is our Anti-Procrastination movement in our lives. So far it has been working out pretty well in helping with his masters degree and keeping the house in order. So, that is the skinny with us.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Love the pics! all of them! and I think that I may need to adopt the "do it now" philosophy for awhile.

The Burks est. 2008 said...

Velvet, I love reading your blog. You crack me up everytime and I always love all the pictures. the 12 thing is cool and something to think about. Good Luck with everything.

beck said...

I'm so happy you are doing the 12 of 12!! YAY!!! And I love it already, my fave was of your little dude and his backpack! haha! You guys are too cute!

Tennille said...

Reading your blog always brings a smile to my face. Axel's antics make me laugh! What's interesting is that most of our lives are made up of those seemingly boring, mundane days, but there's always a little magic in there if you look hard enough...