Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life's Adventure

We got to visit Grace over Labor Day...yeah that would be a month ago....but nonetheless it is being documented now. It was filled with the usual excitement...wienee roasts, sand volleyball, farming...and my newest experience huckleberrying!! Lisa found it in her heart to take me...and thanks to her I came home with a couple bagfuls. Axel was riding the combine and tractor with Eli so I took Grady to the hills. He did very well considering there isn't a lot of room to crawl around. He would squawk and I would give him a huckleberry and that process repeated itself most of the afternoon. Can I just say there is nothing better than hangin out with the fam in the high hills in the cool air just pickin' huckleberries. It is great to have such wonderful experiences at our fingertips. I can imagine when God was creating the world he got to the mountains and decided to dot them with delicious berries that could only be picked and not grown in gardens. I think it is because the process of finding and chatting while you slowly fill your bucket is the fun of it! Anyways, yeah can you tell I had a great time.


Melissa and her girls Laurelin, and Nessa at the wienee roast.
Our huckleberry stained bottoms..

Mom had Sunny's kids while they went to Texas...and if you stay at Grandma Pennies' you can escape without wearing her pajamas at least one night...so here is Pac and Brax sportin' Mom's pj's.

And now for the whole "mom impersonater" crew. I risked showing off my morning look because it just looks so funny...all of us in mom's jams.


Here is the classic.."i take pictures of myself" picture. I'm sporting the epic cold sore...to which Braxton noticed and said, "Velvet, that mole on your lip looks like a piercing!" What? I hope a mole doesn't just appear on my lip overnight....I set him straight..it is a cold sore...it is a curse!


An out of order shot of huckleberryin' and the whole crew...even Grady had huckleberry butt!

Back at bathtime with all the cousins. Axel showin off his alphabet skills to Pacen and Brax...bathtime letters are the best...to chew that is! I love the cheesy grins.

Here is Axel pants discovering the wonderful world of the bandaid. And what better spot to want a bandaid than on his chin...what a nerd. He wouldn't let me take it off. Finally milk from cereal made it not stick anymore, but not before he already had bandaid skum outlines on his face. :)


The matching PJ's picture. The funny thing is I came upon each pair separately. One at a thrift store and the other came in bin of clothes that I randomly got from a lady. Funny, but they look so cute. They are finally starting to play together. They both love it.


You may be familiar with sleep walking but how about sleep eating? Here is an example. I even got some video feed of him waking up sucking a little bit more on the Ritz cracker then assuming the position of dozing in the hair chair. He was so tuckered out.




3 comments:

Lora said...

Can I just be jealous one more time that I didn't get to come home for labor day! Not that Hurricane wasn't fun, but oh... that would have been fun! Love Axel's bandaid. Too bad we didnt get a picture of his bandaid mustache!

Carolyn said...

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for you nice note! I just got Sara's wedding announcement today in the mail, I'm so excited for her! I'm heading out to Utah next month around Thanksgiving time if you happen to find yourself down there I'd love to see you!!

Caryn said...

haha! I can't believe that he fell asleep with a cracker in his mouth like that! I have some pictures of me falling asleep in my food as a baby, but I am still waiting to actually see the process happen with one of my kids. I bet that is some awesome video! :) Thanks for all the details -- the random silly familyness. I love it!