Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Moments in Montana

Sorry it has taken so long to update the blog. We have been disconnected with the world as far as internet goes. So, in a sense that is really good news because it means we are finally all together in Montana. We never thought the day would come. But we have been here almost a whole month and unfortunately have already received our Bozeman Deaconess Hospital official mug for our collection. Darn that RSV. Grady was a trooper as usual. I thought it was just a bad cough but with chest x rays it proved a bit more. He was his normal smiley self though. I can only imagine what he was thinking...man compared to meningitis this RSV is cake...maybe something like that. So, needless to say we have been quaranteened to the apartment. Some girl at church bore her testimony and said, " I know that even though we are sick and come to church you still love us." Eli immediately red flagged her and her whole family! Funny but seriously sick people should stay home. Anyways, we are plugging right along hopefully staying out of hospitals for a long long time. Here are some updated pictures that I know you are all dying to see I'm sure.

Grady is quite the charmer with his huge smile. It takes up most of his face when you really get him to smile. He always greets me with a smile in the morning and sometimes in the middle of the night which makes it all the more pleasant getting up with him so frequently. His four month mark also marked his first meal. He loves rice cereal. It is very strange having a kid that actually eats the stuff. It is quite nice. Now, if I can just keep up with his big appetite! But for those of you interested Axel has eaten about every meal since we got to Montana, including one and a half tuna sandwiches yesterday and averaging 4 pieces of toast for breakfast most mornings!! Yes, I know what you are thinking..."Axel?...eats?" the same kid who threw daily mealtime tantrums at the mere words of "Let's eat" :)

He fell asleep almost immediately after his belly got full. What a cute face!The happy mother of a baby with an appetite. And now for all you curious folk wondering how Axel looks in his glasses...drum roll...



Like a nerd! He doesn't wear them at all. I barely can keep them on for a second at a time. And often we wonder at the prescription if it is right. I mean come on with the thick lenses like that
he should almost be blind. They say he is extremely farsighted but he recognizes things up close and it is when he is far from the T.V and trying to focus that he crosses his eye so who knows. You would think if it made him see clearer that he would want to wear them. A mystery for only him to solve when he can tell us what the problem is. :) We are working on that.

My boys all watching the some TV. Yes, Axel has his mother's physique! Who knows where all his clothes are..he is in a diaper though so worry not young eyes...he is decent.
This is a video of Grady laughing. He laughs for Daddy. He loves his dad. Eli can always get him to bust out laughing...and here I toil all day long and he only smiles for me. grrr. :) Hopefully you can hear him laugh over loudy pants axel in the background...saying something over and over and over. ha ha



This is grady in the jumper. He loves it. We had other videos with him jumping like mad but I had to include this one because of the awesome bunny slippers.






7 comments:

Caryn said...

lol! Who would not laugh with joy at seeing those videos? What a sweet baby! I am so jealous that he fell asleep in his high chair. I've always wanted my kids to do that -- I think it's cute. I'm so glad that you're finally in Montana, though having a rough start with the RSV. Thanks for the update!

Travis Gregory said...

AWE!!! I miss those little guys and you of course! Love love love the pics and the blog update. I am glad life is settling slightly! I can't wait to see you!!! I love ya!

Sunny

P.S. Axel is cute in those glasses not nerdy! Mean mommy!

Anonymous said...

yea!! what adorable boys you have!! such cute pictures and videos. glad you are all doing well! love and miss you :)

The Burks est. 2008 said...

I'm so happy that youare settled into Montana, and that you all get to be together again. I think your boys are adorable and I love the glasses, I think axel looks cute in them. I wish you guys lived closer,,,,,,,maybe some day soon we'll all be able to hang out again! Oh and Velvet, I blame you for getting me addicted to cadbury mini eggs, I swear I seriously buy a bag everytime I am at the store, ha ha gotta love em

beck said...

Look at those cuties! SO happy to see that you are all together again and seeming to be doing better! You have one smart hubby red flagging the sickies at church! Seriously, stay home people! I love to see your updates, keep them coming! P.S. I was telling my husband about the time we went to eat at Rubio's and they called you "Belva". hehe, do you remember that? I was thinking of it because I was called "Balky" at a place the other day and it made me laugh. :)

beck said...

Okay, you have GOT to get me a copy of that shiatsu paper!! I'm dying to see it! I'm going to look and see if I have a copy, but email me at beckywuthrich @ gmail and I will send you my address, if you even have time for something like a trip to the post office! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Love your new header picture! You have such a cute family!!! By the way my blog is http://Simply-life-together.blogspot.com I changed it :)