Thursday, August 4, 2011

A little of everything

To start off I have to show off my recent thrift store findings...let's just say I am a huge thrifter and I love to go sailing...yard saling that is..ha ha ha..all cheesiness aside, I love finding a sweet deal....and these were sweet. So, here are my harley boys...

It was brand new for $6 hooraw! Normally it would probably be at least $30 since it came with a onsie, pants and of course the doorag. Grady pulls off the look rather nicely. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it.

His feet look ginormous in this picture but I assure you they are normal in proportion to his body. They are the cutest John Deere boots..($3 bucks baby..yes I find it necessary to tell you the price of everything..and the couch he is sitting on was..just kidding)



Axel loves the helmet, so does Eli since obviously he bought it. He looks good in it too, when Axel will let him pry it out of his fingers. Axel wears it all the time in the house when he's riding his big wheel around. The leather jacket was of course a thrift store special for $2 (Awesome) and the boots too for only $3. That's how the poor we-just-bought-a-bike-and-we-are-college-students do it baby...course I would do it even if I were rollin in the dough too.



All of them together...aaah sigh the boys in all their studly garb...on their way to Sturgis. hee hee
So, we did a road trip, me and the sistas and the mother figure. We all went to see Tennille. I took on the challenge of driving with two kids alone five hours to Grace. The trip to Grace they did pretty good but the the trip back to Montana was a nightmare and I doubt I attempt it again any time soon...at least not without my good friend, a portable dvd player. Lisa and Melissa tag teamed watching Axel. He loved riding the motorcycle, the tractor, and the ranger with Grandpa and Jarom...little boys belong on a farm...who doesn't I say. So then we ventured the 13 hour drive to Portland, OR. Grady was a real trooper, and enjoyed all the time with the ladies. It was so much fun to spend time with my mom and sisters just chillin and chatting.



We made a trip to the temple. Tennille's husband watched Grady for me, and it was a wonderful session, and a gorgeous temple.



A quick lunch at Subway. I love this picture cause everyone looks so good!! Can't you see what a good time we are all having... :)



This is when we first left at 5 am. That's why I look like a wet dog. I'm not sure what freaky thing happened with my camera to make Mariah look transparent. Weird huh?


My boys with Great Grandma Gram. I just love her to pieces. I hope they can get to know her like I know her.


We had a lot more pictures but I can't load them off snapfish cause I'm a dummy. Some good memories including a fashion show in an expensive dress store...with some pretty extravagant dresses and my mom lookin like a hottie. Then eating at IHOP where the waiter with greying hair was hitting on all of us and we all had our wedding rings on...seriously dude...take no for an answer...painting toenails...it wouldn't be a girl party without that...and us eating outside of Pizza Hut cause they wouldn't let us eat inside cause mom bought KFC and "outside" food isn't allowed. .. a whole lot of us sleeping in the car...you get the picture. It was a blast.

3 comments:

The Larsens said...

you like thrift stores? i never would have guessed!

The Burks est. 2008 said...

Velvet I love the Portland temple too! I love the balcony area!! Anyways looks like you guys are having a blast!! I can't imagine a 5 hour trip alone with one kid let alone two!! But lets face it you are AMAZING!! Hope to see you soon!!

Katie said...

it looks like you had so much fun! i bet it was a blast getting to go with all your sisters. :)