Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ode to Eli

This is a very late Father's Day post, but cannot be forgotten. Eli is such a great husband and father. I wonder how I got so lucky to pluck him out of the Bachelor world. He always said he would become a mountain man if he never got married, and so I am glad he is not currently residing up Sheepbeck, living on the land, with a patchy terrorist beard that would be a foot long by now...smelling like feet and leather, living on venison and ground squirrel, depriving the world of his awesomeness...and especially depriving me of the happiness that we all share because of him. So here's to you my non-mountain man hub. Thanks for making all my dreams come true and making me the happiest woman in the whole world!!! I could go on but I will spare you any more sap...plus then you all might get really jealous and start flooding Eli with fan mail and develop secret crushes on him like the women with Edward Cullen. :) So, yes I will spare you all that terrible fate. :)




Eli's father's day, birthday, and Christmas present for the next five years...yes my friends a Harley. It is a 2002 Sportster and he is in love. It looks darn good on him. More pics will follow with the awesome Dudley helmet he found, and the boys duds.


And a father's day treat, I saw and had to duplicate...the baker came alive inside of me. It is a cupcake for the bun, brownie for the pattie, and three different colored icings for the sauces, and sugar cookies for the fries with sugar that looks like salt. They turned out so cute.






Eli enjoying the fruits of my labor.





And the pose with the "burger"!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

those are the darn coolest cupcakes i've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

so cute!! i was thinking of you today. sorry i didn't call. i love eli's new toy!! btw, what is his email address??? he's sounds like a pretty neat guy ;)

scrapnsunny said...

I am grateful for a brother in law that makes you so happy. I am also grateful that he helped with your two gorgeous boys. He is a great guy!!

Anonymous said...

I love your little yummy creation :) so creative!!!

The Larsens said...

i hope eli loves you forever for allowing him to get a motorcycle. i think you win the cool wife of the year award.